Custard works and a Theme change

T his change of theme has taken up most of my time the latest few days. Now I can choose what posts to have in the front page slider, and I can divide my posts into categories much more then I used to. This is a very wide area to cover, and all may not be interested in the programs and techniques involved. So now I can post the Custard pictures in another post. Only using decoration and architecture pics here. Having to produce a picture for the featured slider every day was a much bigger job then I anticipated. Not all pictures fits in a slider like that.

To try out my Editorial theme I installed a plugin to make it possible for me to customize the theme before you can see it. Last time I changed a theme, it was a lot of back and forth, and my favourite didn’t even work. I used it a bit this time, but the logo took a day to update. The same with lots of the other things I did. Now it looks ok, I can do the rest later. I have reorganized the menu, hope it’s still good. So I guess any changes I do today will only be visible in the morning. Wonder how I ended up with Catergories as a search criteria on the home page? Reminds me of Caterpillar…

I have been working on more technical stuff lately, nothing fitting for my slider. Since I was very close to releasing my new theme I decided to consentrate on that.

I tried to remove files from the Shek-O house with Custard again, and it’s working! I couldn’t find the ground terrain from Ayyuff in there, but tons of other stuff. I didn’t know I had that much CC on this lot. The list on TSR is going to be long. Is it a bit embarrassing when I have like a page of listed CC? It’s even 22 mb, TSR’s max limit is 50 mb. I have to use what I already have on the livingroom, bathrooms and kids bedrooms I have left, that’s for sure. 22 mb, I almost feel like I want to hide behind a pile of bricks. I need a smiley for that. It’s not going to be the favourite download that’s for sure.

Earlier I had some troubles removing files, but then I used the same files in the house as I removed them. That may be the difference. So I’m thinking perhaps if I remove the furnishings and then clean it up with Custard I can release both a furnished and unfurnished house.

The issue with patterns included on a lot for upload at TSR is probably not an issue at all. The guidelines at TSR didn’t say a thing about included non-external files. My patterns are mine, they are not external as such.

I made a review for TheLotReview site I share with talented creators from MTS. It’s Luna’s Rebujito5, the set included some flowing rounded balconies and frame pieces. In the last post I mentioned a few creators from YouTube. In those video’s I saw a new way of using a  piece from this set. I wanted to test how it looks in game. Here is the video I made for my review.







Our TheLotReview site now has 3 posts. I gave it 33/40 in the review. They have their limitations, but frankly limitations is just in your mind. It’s all about possibilities if you wanna be a great designer.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

VIP rooms

TS3W 2015-07-26 18-17-42-62

After more testing I found out why my NPC building doors wouldn’t be VIP doors. There must be some coding […]

Testing solution A or B

150615 Barcode

I downloaded the ticket machine by Simlogical as mentioned yesterday, and found a mod to use community items on a […]

Ready for testing

150615 Barcode

I downloaded this mod by Inge Jones at Simlogical. I have heard about it several times before, but never really […]

Garden and Modern Girly

150615 Barcode

I suddenly had this idea for the second apartment for an active Sim, what about a girly shabby chic or […]

A bar and 3 bedrooms

150615 Barcode

The upper floor of the active Sims apartment has 2 big balconies. I wanted to put a hottub there, but […]